CREDIT: 1 (grades 9-12 only)
This course helps meet the physical, mental and social
needs of students through physical activities. Students have
the opportunity to learn new activities, become more knowledgeable
of the rules, and improve their skill level in these activities.
Students have the opportunity to take a leadership role and
to become a contributing member of a group.
Physical education is required by state law in Iowa and junior/senior
high students are required to participate unless a medical doctor’s
excuse is presented to the instructor. School policy states
a student must have four credits in physical education to graduate.
This credit accumulates at 1 credit per year in grades 9-12,
and students are graded in this class. These classes meet every
AREAS OF STUDY:
1. Individual and team sports
2. Group games
3. Rhythms, balance, and coordination
5. Weight Training
1. Participate in the activities during each class.
2. Dress in the appropriate clothes for class.
3. Display good sportsmanship.
4. Exhibit prudent and safe behavior in the locker room and
Return to Top