OFFERED: 1st Semester
An elective course studying health related issues that will
help students develop lifetime health. This course uses a variety
of teaching methods including audiovisual, class discussion
and teacher and student presentations.
AREAS OF STUDY
2. Physical fitness
3. Weight management
4. Stress management
6. Eating disorders
1. Analyze how behavior can impact health.
2. Describe the interrelationship of mental, emotional, social
and physical health throughout adulthood.
3. Demonstrate the ability to evaluate resources from home,
school and community that provide valid health information.
4. Develop strategies to manage stress.
5. Develop injury prevention and management strategies for personal,
family and community health.
OFFERED: 2nd Semester
PREREQUISITE: Health I
Students will develop skills to promote personal and family
wellness, and health literacy skills to make healthy choices.
AREAS OF STUDY
4. Infectious disease
6. Noninfectious disease
1. Utilize strategies to overcome barriers when communicating
information,, ideas, feelings, and opinions about health issues.
2. Predict immediate and long-term impact of health decisions
on the individual, family and community.
3. Demonstrate the ability to utilize various strategies when
making decisions related to health needs and risks of young
4. Analyze how the prevention and control of heath problems
are influenced by research and medical advances. Evaluate the
validity of health information, products, and services.
Return to Top