SOUTHEAST WARREN COMMUNITY SCHOOL
October 16, 2003
The Southeast Warren Board of Education met for a work session
at 5:00 p.m. on October 16, 2003, in the technology center of the
Junior/Senior High School building. The following board members
were present: John Burrell, Jennifer Birchette, Ron Miller and
Chris Hardy. Superintendent John Della Vedova and Board Secretary
Julie Wilson were also in attendance.
The Board discussed the following possible sharing scenarios and
1. Full time superintendent for Southeast Warren – cost – salary
$80,000, SS $6,120, IPERS $4,600, Health $8,554, Dental $784 =
2. Combination superintendent-elementary principal – possible
savings of $54,000 based on the position being paid as above.
3. Combination superintendent-elementary counselor – Really
no savings as it would be an added position, but $35,000 would
come from At-Risk funds and not affect the general fund or a $25,000
savings for general fund based upon the above salary.
4. Shared superintendent with another district – approximate
savings $45,000 based upon a salary of $90,000.
5. Shared elementary principal and superintendent – approximate
6. Possible shared media personnel – approximate savings
7. Possible shared counselor for the elementary – approximate
savings of $20,000.
8. Secondary principal – superintendent – possible
savings of $54,000, but some help would be needed from the intermediate
principal at least one half of the day as an associate principal.
The Southeast Warren Board of Education will meet with the Melcher-Dallas
Board of Education on October 28th at 6:00 in Lacona to discuss
possible sharing arrangements.
The meeting was adjourned at 6:00 p.m.
Return to top